WHY Cap Cana? Cap Cana is a naturally wondrous place, filled with the splendor and beauty of its rich, tropical surroundings. It is located on the eastern tip of the Dominican Republic, the Caribbean island of Hispaniola which rests between Cuba and Puerto Rico. It is known for its ambitious dimensions, impeccable array of services and amenities, and incomparable architectural design that blends seamlessly with its surrounding beauty. Blessed with pristine white sand beaches and year-round sunshine, this majestic destination is filled with natural beauty and warm, joyful people, making it a Caribbean paradise unlike any other. You can run along the beaches, sail upon the crystal blue waters, climb to the top of the bluffs and gaze out into the green valley below. The access to Cap Cana is plentiful so it is easy to come here to discover the rich culture and traditions. Cap Cana is home to Punta Espada Golf Course, designed by Jack Nicklaus and featuring holes with ocean views is ranked by Golfweek as the #1 course in the Caribbean and Mexico. The Marina has boat slips available for yachts up to 200 feet.
Destination events calendar: Dominican Events Calendar
• Known for the world’s best sport fishing
• Great Ecological Trail
extends 15 kms and along the trail you can find the Hoyo Azul station, a carstic depression located at the foot of the Great Cliff.
• Punta Espada Golf Course
, designed by Jack Nicklaus and featuring holes with ocean views is ranked by Golfweek as the #1 course in the Caribbean and Mexico.
• The Marina
has boat slips available for yachts up to 200 feet.
• Adrenaline Canopy, the incredible Zip Line
activity in the mountains zipping high above the lush canopy.
• Deep sea fishing
and speed boats for the adventurous.
• Snorkeling tour
-be wowed by a kaleidoscope of the colorful wonders of the marine world ~ get ever so close to real sharks and sting rays just inches away and no netting to separate you.
• Floating Paradise Platform
– a Spa in the ocean.
• Cultural Tour to Santo Domingo,
the oldest city in the Americas with its Colonial quarter, ancient cathedral and the Columbus Lighthouse all rich in fascinating history just waiting to be discovered.
• Tour to Saona Island
~ a truly tropical paradise.
• Visit Altos De Chavon
- a reconstructed 16th century Mediterranean medieval village.
• Twice the size of Manhattan, Cap Cana is an ecologically pristine, 30,000-acre exclusive retreat.
• Cap Cana is home to different endemic and uncommon species of plants and animals, providing the country with immense ecological wealth.
• The Cotoperi is an endemic and endangered fruit tree; the only one found so far at Cap Cana, making proof of its biodiversity.
• The Environmental Protection Department at Cap Cana has initiated a program to preserve and protect the Sea Turtles which come here to complete their life cycle. Every year from March to October, this noble and harmless species approaches this coast to be able to reproduce. During the night time hours between June to October, you may be able to spot them nesting.